Technical Product Manager
Geekhunter is hiring on behalf of our client: the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia’s Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, they have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, the company’s team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
What You’ll Love:
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal. The company does need the “right” engineers—those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement. The company knows very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at Company, the team values inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
- Employee discounts
- Medical, Dental, and Maternity insurance
- Health allowance for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Yoga for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
The company is looking for a Product Manager to support our platform engineering team. The Platform team is responsible for designing, building, and operating the main services we consume and is responsible for building tools and providing capabilities for Backend Engineering across the company.
To achieve this, we’re organized into two teams within the Platform Group; Cloud and Infrastructure Platform, and Backend Platform. Each team is responsible for solving a specific set of problems for our customers and our engineers.
As a Platform Technical PM, you’d be working directly with these teams to help them define and deliver on their goals, as well as getting involved in day-to-day decision making and facilitation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Set the long-term roadmap for your team; defining, managing, and driving large-scale programs of work from start to finish, balancing competing priorities, and making value-based decisions to ensure we’re working on the most impactful things that keep our systems reliable and secure
- Collaborate with the engineers in your team to break down large programs into deliverable projects. You’ll need to have a deep understanding of the technologies we use and use this technical knowledge to contribute to systems design where needed. Form a strong partnership with Engineering Managers and other leaders across the collective to ensure our squads are well equipped to succeed. You won’t be managing anyone in this role, but being able to give direct feedback and partnering with others to drive improvements to how squads are working is an important part of what you’ll be doing.
- Support Data Integration projects: Use your experience and logic to help synchronize data that resides in two or more systems so that both systems always contain timely and meaningful data. To help the team in achieving these tasks you are expected to lead and contribute in aspects of master data management, data governance, data flow design, and others.
- Support Business Process Design and Integration projects: As our business evolves there is an ongoing need for a business and system process design which can leverage two or more applications to complete its task. These types of integrations can often require complex design, testing, and exception handling requirements and you are expected to lead the process with the engineering team and other stakeholders as needed.
- Create documentation: you’ll thank yourself for the good documentation down the line. Everyone agrees that great documentation is important, yet it often gets tossed to the end of the list and it’s your job to make sure that’s going to change under your management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of product management experience in an environment known for best-in-class products and services
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven experience with agile methodologies
- Background in data analysis, web analytics, A/B testing
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to deliver quality products
- Exceptional communicator, with strong presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience working in a startup or dynamic high-growth company a plus
How to Apply:
Send your CV to recruiter’s email who contact you or to email@example.com
Geekhunter Referral Program:
Know the right person for this vacancy?
You can get up to IDR 1 million if your referral is hired.
Register them on:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org